Before sending us your guest post proposal, please carefully read our guest post guidelines below.
We are currently accepting two types of guest posts (the first being our favorite):
- Long-form multi-chapter guides (3 or more chapters)
- In-depth articles (1500+ words)
Multi-chapter guest post submissions have the best chance of being published on our website.
Multi-Chapter How-To Guides:
At Sympathink, we love publishing multi-chapter how-to guides that expand subjects in detail and provide actionable guidance for our readers.
Here are a couple of examples of multi-chapter guides already published on the site to give you an idea of what we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 chapters (but can be many more)
- Between 800-2000 words per chapter
- Each chapter is also readable on its own
See our general writing requirements below for more guidelines.
What’s in for you:
- Each chapter will include your author bio with a link back to your website or content. This gives you fantastic exposure to a new audience.
- If you have a personal Twitter account, you can also add this to your author bio.
- You can also add one additional contextual link to your own content in the guide (if relevant to the reader).
How to apply:
Before you begin writing your guide, pitch us your idea to make sure it’s a good fit for our site. Send us a proposal including:
- The subject of your guide.
- How many chapters you plan to include.
- An outline of each chapter with potential subject ideas.
- Some information about you, your website, and your previous work.
You’ll find the submission form at the bottom of this page.
What we’re looking for:
Do you have an original idea or something new and innovative to share? We are always looking for well-researched articles for our site (1500+ words). We love new, creative ideas you won’t find elsewhere.
Here are some examples of the types of posts we love:
- Ultimate guides / The complete guide to.. (our favorite content type)
- Instructional posts / how-to guides / tutorials
- Opinionating journalism about gardening, photography and other DIY subjects
- Innovative list posts with an original angle
- Suprising & innovative content ideas we didn't think about yet
- Minimum of 1500 words
- Split up your content with interesting sub-headings
- Use short, concise paragraphs to keep your post engaging (1-3 sentences each)
- Use keywords to help boost SEO
- Choose an interesting and catchy title to grab readers attention
- Add high-quality links to authority sites and research to back up any facts
What’s in for you:
- Include an author bio with a link to your website to get more exposure
- Establish yourself as an expert in your field
- Get your content in front of a new, engaged audience
How to apply:
Wow us with a creative, interesting pitch of a post you’d like to contribute. Include a title idea and an outline in bullet points of what the post will contain. Also include a little bit about yourself and a link to your website so we can get to know you better.
General guest posting guidelines:
Your work must:
- Be 100% unique and original
- Never be published elsewhere, now or in the future
- Have perfect US English spelling and grammar
- Be easy to read and engaging
- Include no fluff – be specific and to the point
- Provide practical and well-researched ideas
- Have short paragraphs
- Use styling elements to break up long content (e.g. tables, bullet lists, headings/subheadings, info boxes, etc..)
The Legal Part:
- If we accept your guest post we retain the right to edit/rewrite it to fit our website and add additional links to our content or other pages.
- You are not allowed to build backlinks to your guest post on our website. If you build links to your guest post we will remove the article and links from our website completely.
- We retain the right to remove links to your website in the future if we believe your website has become spammy or of bad quality.
- We don’t link out to promotional pages/products/affiliate links, we instead prefer to link to great content our audience will love.
- Once an article is published on our website, we own the copyright and the material cannot be posted elsewhere.
Note: due to the volume of guest post proposals and submissions we receive, we only respond to successful proposals and submissions. If you don’t hear back from us, your proposal or submission was not accepted this time.