All 15 Pressure Washers We Recommend
Best Electric Power Washers
Most people looking for the best pressure washer on the market will likely notice electric systems before all other kinds. They are relatively light, easy to move, and even easier to operate. They are not as strong as the gas-powered or commercial kind, but lower power isn’t necessarily a drawback. These power washers are perfect for cleaning more delicate surfaces around the house, including softwood, garden furniture, and vehicles.
Best pressure washer for: Cleaning vehicles, windows, furniture
Sun Joe SPX3001
Sun Joe SPX3000
Sun Joe SPX1000
Best Gas Pressure Washers
Gas power washers come as an alternative to the electric ones; they are more powerful, thus suitable for home and light commercial use. They can also be used in applications where electricity is not directly available. On the downside, they are louder than electric pressure washers and unsuitable to use indoors, due to their noxious fumes.
Best pressure washer for: Decks, patios, worksites
Best Commercial Pressure Washers
These power washers can be powered by either gas or electricity, but are more powerful and stronger than residential pressure washers. They are usually used by cleaning or construction companies to clean building exteriors or industrial facilities. However, the pressure they output could damage delicate surfaces, such as vehicle paint, softwood, or glass.
Best pressure washer for: Heavy-duty industrial cleaning, parking lots
Best Hot Water Pressure Washers
Reaching higher temperatures than all other types – usually in the 300°F range – the hot water pressure washers are effective in removing oil and grease from surfaces. Some models come with on-board detergent tanks that allow you to mix soap and water to speed up the process.
Best pressure washer for: Garages, removing mold and mildew
Northstar Electric 157495
AR ANNOVI AR630-HOT
Best Cordless Power Washers
Cordless pressure washers are a kind of electric power washers running on batteries. Like the gas-powered ones, they can be used in places where electricity isn’t readily available, but the actual runtime depends on the type and size of the battery. They are lighter and easier to move than gas pressure washers, though, and also eco-friendly, so you can use them indoors, too.
Best pressure washer for: Cleaning pavements, decks, windows, vehicles
Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR
Sun Joe WA24C-LTE
Best Electric Pressure Washer
Electric pressure washers are usually perfect for residential and light commercial use. They don’t produce as much power as a gas one, but that’s exactly what makes them special. Due to the less powerful jet, they are a safer choice for cleaning delicate surfaces. You can use an electric power washer to clean your car, a painted fence, or softwood deck without worrying about damages. Here are a few things to check before buying.
- Plugging requirements: One of the most important things to check before buying an electric pressure washer is whether you can use it with an extension cord. Some manufacturers specifically require users to plug the system directly into a wall outlet, and this could limit your range. Also, check out what kind of extension cord is safe to use with your machine.
- Voltage requirements: Most pressure washers run on normal 110 or 120-volt circuits, but don’t take it for granted. Some units may require 240 volts, so you should check before buying to prevent plugging your appliance into the wrong outlet.
- Max PSI: Even if you only need a power washer for home use, chances are you’ll want to clean stains from your driveway or engage in some heavier-duty tasks too. Electric pressure washers are weaker than all other kinds, with PSI ranging between 1,200-1,800. If you want to finish your cleaning tasks faster and more efficiently, opt for a unit at the higher end of the spectrum.
- Accessory compatibility: Your pressure washer will come with either fixed or interchangeable nozzles. If you want to use it with other types of attachments, such as brushes, you should go for the latter type.
Best Electric Pressure Washer Reviews of 2021
Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel
A powerful motor generates higher PSI than most electric pressure washers on the market.
1 Sun Joe SPX3001 Review
Whether you want to wash mold off your wooden deck or bring outdoor furniture in pristine conditions, the Sun Joe SPX3001 might be the best electric pressure washer for you. Its greatest highlight is the high PSI that makes it possible to tackle heavier-duty applications.
You can expect a pressure of up to 2,030 PSI – a rare occurrence for electric systems. We also like the 40.6-ounce detergent tank, as well as the cord reel that keeps the cable organized.
This cold water pressure washer has a max water temperature of 104°F, more than enough for cleaning your car or washing softwood without damaging it. Interchangeable nozzles and aluminum wand bring further value – no doubt, the best electric power washer around.
Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer
Best residential pressure washer
This versatile pressure washer comes with two detergent tanks, addressing all cleaning chores at once.
2 Sun Joe SPX3000 Review
The Sun Joe SPX3000 might look like the smaller brother of the SPX3001, but the two units are actually quite different.
While both have the same pressure output, the Sun Joe SPX3000 impresses with two detergent tanks instead of just one. In other words, you can fill it with both cleaning and sanitizing solutions simultaneously and finish your chores faster.
You won’t get a fancy cord reel, but it still comes with various nozzles and aluminum wand. Easy mobility is ensured by sturdy wheels and handle, while the lower price tag makes it appeal to most homeowners.
Sun Joe SPX1000 1450 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer
A low-cost alternative
Twist nozzle makes it easy to adjust the pressure without changing any parts.
3 Sun Joe SPX1000 Review
If you couldn’t care less about high pressure output and just want a residential pressure washer for the lighter cleaning chores, the Sun Joe SPX1000 could suit your needs. It’s as reliable as its bigger brothers above but undeniably cheaper.
Boasting a simple operation, it outputs 1,450 PSI and comes with a twist nozzle instead of quick-change ones. We particularly like its total stop system (TSS) that shuts off the pump automatically when the trigger is disengaged.
This pressure washer might not wow you with its cleaning speed, but it’s a great choice for light-duty chores.
Best Gas Pressure Washer
If you need more power or more mobility, a gas pressure washer is the way to go. The PSI range on this model goes up to 2,000, making the machine more suitable for heavier duty cleaning. It is a perfect choice for driveways, sideways, and hardwood decks, but it’s louder and heavier than an electric power washer. To make sure it’s worth your money, check out the things below before buying.
- Automatic start: No matter what motor your gas pressure washer comes with, make sure it features electric ignition. A choke engine could be hard to start, especially at a lower temperature.
- CARB certification: We all know gas engines release carbon monoxide and other noxious fumes, that’s why some jurisdictions have strict laws on what kind of gas-powered tools you can or cannot use. To be able to use the power washer you have in all states – and to play it safer – get a CARB-compliant pressure washer, if possible.
- Noise level: Gas engines have more parts than electric motors and are louder. However, if you don’t want your neighbors to put you on a blacklist, check the noise level of your machine and try to get the quietest one.
- Weight: Gas power washers are heavier than electric ones, but you should still make sure their heft is manageable before buying. Most models come with wheels, but if the one you want to buy only has a carrying handle, make sure you can lift and carry it.
Best Gas Pressure Washer Reviews of 2021
Simpson Cleaning MSH3125 MegaShot Honda GC190 Gas Pressure Washer Powered
Best gas pressure washer
Powerful enough to suit both residential and light commercial use.
1 Simpson MSH3125 Review
If you’re looking for more washing power and unlimited mobility, a gas pressure washer could be a great alternative to the electric models. One that truly stands out is the Simpson Cleaning MSH3125.
Powerful enough to wipe away caked dirt and grime, it is a perfect choice for heavy-duty residential applications.
Indeed, the unit is powered by a 190cc engine and outputs 3,200 PSI. The flow rate is not the highest, but at 2.5 gallons per minute, it can still clean your surfaces in a breeze. We also like that it comes with a durable aluminum wand and five nozzles, including a soap one.
Another highlight is the heavy-duty hose that provides 25 feet of range around the garden spigot or bucket. Easy to move thanks to its pneumatic wheels and truly powerful, it’s the best gas pressure washer for home use.
Generac 7954 2900 PSI Gas Powered Pressure Washer
Best value for money
Ergonomic spray gun reduces fatigue and enhances operation.
2 Generac 7954 Review
The Generac 7954 comes as a great alternative to the Simpson Cleaning MSH3125. Its pressure output is slightly lower – of only 2,900 PSI – but still sufficient for heavy-duty residential needs. What makes this power washer stand out is the compact and relatively light construction.
The frame is still made of steel, but it’s not very heavy. Well-balanced, it is also very easy to maneuver and easier to fit in tighter spaces.
It only comes with four nozzles, but that’s more than enough for most applications. Furthermore, the unit includes a hose and onboard soap tank. Versatile and powerful, it brings unrivaled value for money.
Westinghouse WPX2700 Gas Powered 2700 PSI Pressure Washer
Affordable but still powerful
Robust steel frame resists heavier-duty use, despite the lower price tag.
3 Westinghouse WPX2700 Review
The Westinghouse WPX2700’s motor is more powerful than our best-in-class’, but surprisingly, the pressure output is lower. You’ll still get 2,700 PSI, which is more than you need for more residential purposes.
Like our best value, the unit comes with an onboard soap tank and four quick-change nozzles. The high-profile machine also features 12-inch never-flat wheels and a non-slip grip handle.
Easy to transport and maneuver and powerful for its price point, it’s perfect for homeowners on a budget. Furthermore, we like that it is CARB-compliant.
Best Commercial Power Washer
Commercial power washers are nothing but the heavy-duty counterpart of the residential gas or electric systems. They are more powerful and can run on either electricity or gasoline – you may even find some battery-powered models in this category. As you can imagine, they are bigger and heavier than a residential unit but can help get your job done really fast.
- PSI range: Commercial pressure washers can serve a variety of purposes, from heavy-duty cleaning of a driveway to cleaning windows or expensive hard floors. Since each task requires a different kind of power, get a pressure washer with a wide PSI range.
- Interchangeable nozzles: Besides proper pressure, each cleaning task may require a different type of jet. All-in-one nozzles could be easier to use but are not as effective as interchangeable nozzles, each of which is designed specifically for a particular jet type.
- On-board detergent tank: Heavy-duty cleaning may require soap at some point, and having a soap tank on-board will make it easier to use the machine.
- Wand type: If you want your commercial pressure washer to be as versatile as possible, make sure the wand is made from heavy-duty aluminum rather than plastic and that it is telescopic.
Best Commercial Power Washer Reviews of 2021
SIMPSON Cleaning ALH4240 4200 PSI Honda GX390 Gas Pressure Washer
Best industrial pressure washer
Heavy-duty aluminum frame keeps heft low and ensures easier maneuverability.
1 Simpson ALH4240 Review
Business owners who want to settle for nothing less than the best pressure washer might like the Simpson Cleaning ALH4240. It’s undeniably more powerful than the MSH3125 system, although the two share some features.
The main thing that stands out is the 4,200 PSI pressure that makes cleaning a breeze. Various nozzles make it easy to adjust the power to the application, so you can still use it to wipe the dirt away from more delicate surfaces.
Another highlight is the aluminum frame. It’s still heavy-duty and durable, but lighter than steel – an inspired choice for reducing weight. Oversized pneumatic wheels make it easy to haul, and all in all, this unit will unlikely disappoint.
Generac 6565 4200 PSI 420cc OHV Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer
Best for most commercial tasks
Its professional-grade triplex pump lasts much longer than a standard axial cam pump.
2 Generac 6565 Review
The Generac 6565 is comparable to the Simpson ALH4240 up to an extent, as both machines boast a high pressure output up to 4,200 PSI.
Power aside, we particularly like the pro-grade triplex pump on this model that has a longer lifespan than an axial cam pump. Like our best-in-class, the system comes with five quick-change nozzles and heavy-duty hose.
Low-oil shutdown safeguards the engine, while a pair of oversized, pneumatic tires enhance maneuverability and transport. This power washer also features a heavy-duty steel frame and is designed for performance. The only downside is that it’s not CARB-compliant, and only suitable to use in 49 states.
Simpson Cleaning MSH3125 MegaShot Honda GC190 Gas Power Washer
For businesses on a budget
This powerful pressure washer requires low maintenance and comes at an attractive price.
3 Simpson MSH3125 Review
As we already mentioned, the Simpson Cleaning MSH3125 is either a high-end residential pressure washer or a budget commercial one – a perfect choice for businesses on a lower budget.
While it’s not as powerful as the other industrial pressure washers on this list, it comes at a fraction of the price. It still has the power to clean challenging messes, and it’s relatively light and easy to maneuver.
The unit also requires low maintenance and comes with five nozzles and aluminum wand—a great choice for commercial and home users alike.
Best Hot Water Pressure Washer
Whether it’s commercial or residential, a power washer may either use cold water or hot water to get the job done. Hot water pressure washers are a suitable choice for garages and industrial warehouses, as they are very effective in cleaning oil and grease off the surfaces. For home use, this type is useful if you want to remove mold or mildew.
- Temperature range: Hot water pressure washers can heat water up to 300°F, sometimes higher. However, most manufacturers allow you to adjust the temperature, so you can use it for both cold washing and hot washing. Some of the best hot water pressure washers around can operate in the 50°F – 310°F range.
- Price: If you thought commercial pressure washers are expensive, know that a hot water system can cost an average of three times as much as a cold water power washer.
- Thermal relief: This safety feature helps release heat build-up that could damage your unit’s motor.
- Detergent injection: Makes cleaning easier by dispensing detergent or sanitizing products automatically.
Best Hot Water Pressure Washer Reviews of 2021
Easy-Kleen Professional EZO4035G 4000 PSI Gas Hot Water Pressure Washer
Best commercial hot water pressure washer
Thirteen-horsepower engine gives you plenty of power for all cleaning needs.
1 Easy-Kleen EZO4035G Review
The Easy-Kleen Professional EZO4035G might have an eye-watering price tag, but it’s undeniably the best hot water pressure washer you can find. Powered by a 13-horsepower engine, it boasts 4,000 PSI and 12-volt oil-fired burners for quick water heating.
The temperature is easy to adjust, thanks to the built-in thermostat, helping you kill germs, sanitize surfaces, and remove mold and mildew in the blink of an eye.
Like most power washers out there, it comes with five nozzles, and we also like that it features a downstream chemical injection system. This behemoth of a pressure washer is massive and heavy, but it’s easy to move thanks to its large, pneumatic wheels. An excellent choice for heavy-duty industrial use and large garages.
Northstar Electric 157495 Wet Steam Cleaner & Hot Water Commercial Power Washer
Variable water temperature is easy to control thanks to the built-in thermostat.
2 Northstar Electric 157495 Review
The Northstar Electric 157495 is undeniably smaller than the Easy-Kleen – a feature to keep in mind if you struggle with the storage space. Perhaps the main difference between the two is that our best-in-class is powered by gas, while the Northstar Electric 157495 is electric.
In terms of performance, you can still expect 4,000 PSI and a flow of 4 gallons per minute. Like the Easy-Kleen, this hot water pressure washer comes with an adjustable thermostat and provides quick water heating up to 250°F.
Sure, your mobility will be limited by the power cord, but all in all, this is a better choice if you’re looking for a range-topper but don’t want to break the bank.
AR ANNOVI REVERBERI AR630-HOT Ar North America Hot Water Pressure Washer
Best residential hot water pressure washer
Less powerful pressure washer is perfect for lighter-duty tasks and comes at an affordable price.
3 AR ANNOVI AR630-HOT Review
Whether you have a professional garage but are on a low budget or look for a capable hot water pressure washer for home use, the AR ANNOVI REVERBERI AR630-HOT might be it. It’s more expensive than your average electric pressure washer, but it’s undeniably cheap for a hot water system.
Capable of cleaning grease and oil stains with ease, it has lower PSI as well as less powerful flow. However, it impresses with its triplex pump.
Like our best-in-class, it comes with a built-in detergent injector as well as an adjustable thermostat. Its vary-spray nozzle head is not really a deal-breaker, especially for residential use. Running on electricity and boasting a long cable, it’s one of the best choices for lower budgets.
Best Cordless Pressure Washer
Environmentally-conscious individuals who crave the mobility of a gas pressure washer might find a cordless system an adequate substitute. They don’t have quite the power of a gas pressure washer but can be more practical than an electric model in many situations. The main downside is the runtime, which could be disappointingly short on lower-end models.
- Battery type: Like most cordless tools, including lawn mowers and string trimmers, power washers can have either nickel-cadmium or lithium-ion batteries. While most manufacturers nowadays use the latter, just check before buying to prevent disappointment.
- Runtime: Depending on the voltage and quality of the battery, you could get anything between half an hour and over three hours of juice. If you want to finish all cleaning tasks in one go, invest more money and get one of the top-range pressure washers.
- Charge time: Lithium-ion batteries may require a couple of hours to recharge, while NiCad models up to 8 hours or more.
- Interchangeable battery: Some pressure washers come with removable batteries you can pair with other power tools, such as hedge trimmers, weed eaters, or even cordless drills and screwdrivers.
Best Cordless Pressure Washer Reviews of 2021
Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR 1160 PSI Max Cordless Pressure Washer Kit
Best cordless pressure washer
Pressure selection technology makes it perfect to use on a wide range of surfaces.
1 Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR Review
Perfect for heavier-duty jobs, the Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR is an innovative pressure washer designed to use both at home and on the go. It comes with a 40V iONMAX interchangeable battery that provides sufficient power for up to 1,160 PSI.
We particularly like the pressure select technology that allows you to select the desired max pressure before starting the machine. This feature makes it perfect to use on a wide variety of surfaces, from driveways to softwood.
Another highlight is the removable bucket. There is nothing special about the water hose, but the part is durable. Versatile and easy to use, it’s a great alternative to most electric systems.
WORX WG625.4 20V Cordless Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner
Simple, hand-held design and interchangeable battery make it a winner.
2 WORX WG625.4 Review
Innovation goes hand in hand with cordless power washers, and the WORX WG625.4 is proof of it. Boasting a minimalist design, this pressure washer is the epitome of portability.
Like the Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR, it comes with an interchangeable battery you can use with all WORX cordless power tools. The max pressure is somewhat disappointing, but the low flow and PSI make it perfect for delicate surfaces.
At the end of the day, the truth is that it does what it’s supposed to do brilliantly. It is ideal for cleaning softwood decks, painted fences, garden furniture, windows, and even your car. It’s reliable and affordable – no doubt, outstanding value for most homeowners.
Sun Joe WA24C-LTE 24-Volt Amp 5-Gallon Cordless Electric Pressure Washer
A budget alternative
A portable pressure washer designed to use either at home or on the go.
3 Sun Joe WA24C-LTE Review
Those looking for a budget pressure washer might want to check out the Sun Joe WA24C-LTE. Although it isn’t the most powerful out there – it only has 119 PSI – this model is still fine for light residential use.
Its greatest advantage is its portability. You can use it for a quick driveway wash or to clean up a campsite. The battery is easy to recharge either from a wall or RV outlet, and without removing it from the unit. This model also features the proprietary TSS system that shuts off the pump automatically when you release the trigger.
With a runtime of about half an hour, easy to use, and portable, this is the best cordless pressure washer for people on a budget.
Pressure Washer Buying Guide
What is the best pressure washer for me?As we’ve shown you, there are various types of pressure washers out there, so choosing the right one could be challenging. To make things easy, check out the table below to find the best power washer for you.
|Power washer type||Applications|
|Electric pressure washer||Cleaning decks, windows, painted wood, garden furniture|
|Gas pressure washer||Removing encrusted dirt from driveways, sideways, cleaning hardwood decks|
|Commercial pressure washer||Cleaning building facades, driveways, parking lots, other heavy-duty tasks|
|Hot water pressure washer||Removing oil, grease, and other oily substances from hard surfaces, strapping paint|
|Cordless pressure washer||Washing vehicles, windows, indoor surfaces, camping sites|
Best pressure washer brandsKnowing how to choose the best power washer for you is only part of the buying process. If you want to make sure the unit is reliable and durable, you should also check the brand. Here are some of the most popular power washer brands to consider:
- Sun Joe pressure washers: Are designed for home users who want an electric or cordless machine. They provide good power at affordable prices, satisfying most domestic users.
- Simpson pressure washers: Are designed with commercial users in mind. They are powered by gas and can clean even the toughest messes, but are more expensive and loud.
- Westinghouse pressure washers: Similar to the Simpson but more affordable, they are a great choice for heavy-duty home use or light to medium-duty industrial use.
- Generac pressure washers: Join the range of gas power washers designed for professional use. Mostly known for their more pocket-friendly prices.
- Northstar Electric pressure washers: Are designed with industrial users in mind. Most Northstar Electric units are hot water power washers that can easily clean oil and grease.
- WORX pressure washers: Perfect for homeowners, they are usually powered by batteries or electricity. Smaller, more manageable, and cheaper than other brands, but very dependable.
What do PSI and GPM mean?A quick look at the specs of any power washer highlights two numbers, PSI and GPM. The former is the acronym for pounds per square inch (PSI) and determines the pressure, while the latter means gallons per minute (GPM) and determines the flow rate. In a nutshell, they are important because:
- The higher the flow rate, the faster you’ll be able to clean the surfaces.
- The higher the pressure, the greater ability the system has to remove dirt and grime.
What is a good PSI for a pressure washer?Going a bit deeper into details, you might want to know how many PSI to look for without struggling with the guesswork. An important thing to keep in mind is that high PSI isn’t always a good thing. If your surface is delicate – let’s say the surface of your car, a window, or softwood deck – a too powerful jet will damage it. With this in mind, here’s what you should look for:
|Up to 1,500||Vehicles, bikes, scooters, BBQ grills, furniture, camping equipment|
|1,500-2,500||Decks, boat docks, fences, painted wood|
|2,500-3,000||Asphalt driveways, building facades, ATVs, boat exteriors|
|3,000-4,000||Industrial equipment, removing graffiti, paint stripping|
What about the flow rate?Most people think that water pressure is the most important thing to check when buying a power washer. However, while the PSI determines whether you can break up dirt and grime effectively, the flow rate determines how fast you can finish your tasks. Typically, you should look for a flow rate of at least 2-4.5 gallons per minute.
Understanding pressure washer nozzlesNow that you know which is the best power washer type for you and how to determine the right pressure and water volume, you might wonder what’s the hype with the nozzles. Despite the fuss, things are pretty simple. Each type of nozzle releases various kinds of water jets, from mild to powerful. Depending on the nozzle you use, thus, you can regulate the pressure even if your system doesn’t come with adjustable pressure feature – and that’s also the reason why most systems don’t need any fancy pressure adjustments to begin with. In more detail, there are five types of nozzles. They are color-coded (PDF) and very easy to identify.
Which pressure washer nozzle should I use?
|Nozzle||Jet power||Color code||What for?|
|0°||Powerful||Red||Removing grease, mold, mildew, lichens from concrete|
|15°||Powerful||Yellow||Cleaning concrete, hardwood, paint stripping|
|25°||Medium||Green||Washing decks, vehicles, patios|
|40°||Low||White||Garden furniture, windows, painted fences|
|Soap||Low||Black||Applications that require the use of cleaning agents|
Onboard soap tank vs. siphon tube. Which is best?Considering that most pressure washers come with a dedicated soap nozzle, you might wonder how to mix detergent with water. There are two possibilities, either pick a unit with an onboard soap tank or get one with a siphon tube.
- Onboard soap tank: Is particularly convenient for light-duty applications and smaller surfaces. You won’t have to carry a bucket around; however, the tank is usually small and impractical if the surface you have to wash is big.
- Siphon tubes: Represent a better option if you want to use detergent or sanitizing solutions on larger surfaces. The main downside is that you’ll have to carry both the power washer and a bucket containing the cleaning solution. On the bright side, you can use a soap container of any size you want.
Features to look for in a pressure washerWhether you need a residential or industrial pressure washer, there are a few features to look for before buying.
- Hose length: Most power washers come with a hose for easier hooking to a garden spigot. Before buying, check the hose length and make sure it’s long enough to cover the entire area you want to wash.
- Trigger gun: Allows you to control the jet, so you can use lower or higher pressure without changing the nozzle.
- Portability: The best pressure washers usually come with both wheels and carrying handle, but don’t take it for granted. To prevent surprises, check before buying.
- Onboard storage: Gives you a perfect spot for storing the nozzles, extension wand, and other accessories the system might include.
- Auto shut-off: Turns off the pump automatically if the water supply is interrupted, prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
How to use a power washer?Using a pressure washer may sound intuitive, but the truth is that it’s easy to mess it up. The secret is in learning how to manage the water jet.
- Connect the hose to the water supply and turn on the system, without pressing the trigger.
- Select the correct nozzle for the task (use the table above to identify the correct one) and attach it to the wand.
- Hold the wand at an angle of 45° and a distance of around 4 feet from the surface you’re cleaning and press the trigger.
- Slowly move the wand closer to the surface until you achieve the desired cleaning effect. Once you notice that the dirt is removed effectively, hold the distance to prevent damaging the surface.
- Work on small areas at a time while maintaining the 45° angle. Once you’re happy with the result, move to another patch. Repeat until you’ve cleaned the entire surface.